Friday, 4 September 2009

tHe nExt stagE

gRaduatiOn~~~

tho graduation was more than a month away.. I still feel happy when I look at the pictures we took that day~ THE cLiquE'

I loved studying.. I always do.. im always amazed at the things I read abt.. trying to commit them to memory then using them to impress others in future. even those which I don’t make any sense of, like math.. how does knowledge of complex numbers help in everyday life? it just makes my life more complex.. ok.. I can say it helped me abit lah since I earned $ from teaching it.. =p so even like these, I sought to be able to do well w/o actually understanding it.. I think it has become a trait of my study – studying without understanding – which I have to admit bogged me down a little.

aRMy matEs~

grOup pic in UCC

In the last yr of uni, I started to dislike school. Not studying, but school. I think Japan spoilt me. I had such a relax time when I was over at Keio, the workload there is half that of NUS which left me cracking my head over where to visit instead of trying to understand the history of colonial countries through literature works.. when I came back, I couldn’t adapt. It was like year 1 sem 1 all over again, not to mention that added responsibility on the sports side meant even lesser time. Strenuous projects and unhelpful proj-mates who induce too much pressure didn’t help the situation either. By Christmas, the decision to not carry on studying to obtain my Masters was as certain as saying that Santa is just a fictitious character.

ina^^

That is one reason. Actually, all along, I never envision myself studying beyond Honours. My plan of life was straightforward – get into the best jC I can, try to escape from NS (which I failed), must get into Uni, get a job, start a family/buy a house and live my life. Of cuz its only the high level plan.. amidst those there are many details but if I was to start babbling about them, I will never ever finish this post. Anyway, the point is.. even tho I have stopped schooling, I will never stop studying. Im still very much into studying jap, which my next course starts this coming sun! wonder how im gonna cope. =p

gOod day!

Well.. now, im onto my next phase of life – slavery. Haha.. I just got into Accenture.. for those who don’t know, its an IT consulting firm.. eh.. not really just lah.. its already been 4weeks.. oh my gosh.. times do past fast.. I just got my first pay! So happy.. hehe.. well.. there’s a price to pay for that.. I leave work almost 9pm everyday.. so if u take my pay divide by the num of hrs I put in overall, its like.. how to say leh.. ah.. like wrking in McDonalds.. =p its not a job for everyone.. since I came in, 1 person from my team has already tendered and should be enjoying the sights of Angkor Wat and paddy fields now.. another from my team left 2days ago.. quite a pity cuz we built up quite abit of 默契 over the few weeks and it’s nice to work with her.. she’s quite easy going and a funny ah lian to talk to .. haha.. well.. looking at the rate pple are dropping out, I’ll be surprised if there’s any1 left to hand over the project to Moon’s good friend.

aCt cUtE~

Although currently im only in there as a graduate trainee, like an intern on slave duty for 6mths b4 they assess me on how good a slave I will make before converting me.. haha.. at the end of this period, it may be me who “fires” them lo.. I don’t have a life outside work on weekdays. My routine after work will be: get home, eat dinner, bathe, sleep. -_-" The other days I feel im actually living are weekends and those may be burnt, or rather will be.. ok lah.. all is not that bad.. even tho i don’t have much time to do other things after wrk, im currently enjoying wrking with those in my team.. they r quite nice..n helpful.. they r mostly ard my age also so quite easy to talk to.. plus I have a very nice and cool boss.. =D I just don’t like talking to the other pple ard the company? Because my job involves me to liase heavily with them.. and most of them r unfriendly.. I think they used to be nice? But over time, pple keep asking them for help until they get too frustrated.. now, I think, whenever someone approaches them, b4 they even open their mouth to ask, I believe all that is going on in those pple’s head is.. “no, I don’t know, don’t ask me”.. maybe if I am my own boss then I don’t have see pple’s black face le..

us at shOp opEniNg~

That’s why I kinda envy Evan and Joanna to some extent – they just opened a shop! at Square 2 behind Novena Square, on the 2nd level.. shop’s called foggiare.. apparently, according to a certain fashionista, it means fashion in Italian. I cant imagine myself ever starting a biz, let alone at a young age of what? 23? Even if they rich, it takes a whole lot of courage and enterprise to start a biz.. tho I said b4 I will never run a biz (cuz I don’t believe I have the biz acumen.. I always make losses!), but never say never! Maybe when im old (and hav too much $ to spend), I may open a small café, where pple can chill out, relax and chit chat.. I think tt will be nice.. =)

No comments: